Friday, April 15, 2011

weirdnesses of modern medicine

I really admire Dr. Prins.  He doesn't care about lawsuits or appearances, he knows he's a good doc so he just tells it like it is:  "you didn't have ANY bad cells in this chunk of stuff we cut out of you."  Great.  And I haven't even paid the bills yet, or recovered from the asthmatic effects of the pain meds.  Hmmm.  So, are the bad cells somewhere else, did we miss 'em?  Or, did I cure myself before showing up for surgery Monday morning? I'm pissed that the surgery may have been unnecessary, but working to balance that out with the lessons I'm learning:  stay away from Ibuprofen,  that I'm asthmatic even though I've never expressed symptoms before, and that when you have hours to kill at home in bed, you can start a blog and read weird books a few pages at a time.  Oh wait, I already knew that last bit.

1 comment:

  1. Weird medicine or not, I'm glad you're recovering and that Dr. Prins did't find ANY bad cells. And congratulations on writing "a thing or two." Your storytelling gifts have found a new venue.

    ReplyDelete