Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, April 15th comin' on spring on Lopez

Recuperating is a good time to write.  The world feels shifted, slowed down...not going to work and doing the daily routine gives time for ruminations.  I used to keep a journal, and a handy thing it was too.  I would use it later to look back to see when something of importance had occurred as I have very little recall of exact dates in history.

I haven't done more than scribble on the backs of bookmarks and envelopes for quite awhile, though I often think of things I'd like to journal about, especially as pertains to island community living.  I do write a lot of musey emails and so it occurs to me now that a blog might be a way to get back into writing more regularly.  There's a lot of funny wonderful things that happen around here worthy of note.

And now I've begun...of note today is that my daughter took me for a walk down by Watmough Bight (and it is "bight" not "bay" as the erroneous signs now state, tsk-tsk) yesterday after snow flurries the night before and we saw the first Calypso orchids of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment