Tuesday, July 30, 2013

End of July, 2013

I'm actually tired of writing about sadness.  It's therapeutic, but I noticed there were no comments on the last post and that it was a continuation of the one before, for which I received a loving lecture from a dear friend telling me to look deeper and change, or that's how I interpreted it...

So, I want to pass on some advice I read from a FB friend this morning, thank you Lenedra.

"You would learn true discernment, dear ones? To discern is not to judge. Nor is it to fear or protect. To discern is actually to agree to see others as they are. As they simply currently are. To see them clearly without a lot of mental dialogue about it. This in itself is a great self-protection. It is when you see others as you wish they were or as you need them to be, or hope they are that you are most vulnerable, most often hurt. When you let yourself see another as they are, you make better choices about how to engage with them…and how not to. Agree with yourself that you’ll let others show you who and where they currently are and you will let that guide your relationships with them. This is a great art - get started practicing it now!"

And then, of course, the never-ending question we can ask ourselves:  who am I?  And, maybe slightly easier to start with:  where am I now?  I like the part about "without a lot of mental dialogue".  Just asking the question without trying to answer it is a good thing.

I am grateful at the moment for many things including this foggy morning, the last dregs of my tea, the fact that I have time to eat some oatmeal and make my way to the library on time, and most especially for my friends far and wide.  Plus the fact that I know there are prayers from the earth and the trees and the ocean and the sky directed at us puny humans.  I want to spend more time listening to those lovely whispers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, Rosie! Just a holler from Potrero Hill to say I hear you, and thank you for sharing these thoughts and feelings. Apparently there is much I need to hear about discernment these days, so this was right on the mark for me. I will be on the Rock in a couple of weeks and have some overdue hugs for you! xoxox bzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ossum, Jaina, it will be LOVERLY to see you!!!!

      Delete