Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lopez Summertime

Well, friends, July 4th is my least favorite holiday.  I can't help it, I want to fly the American flag upside down and halfway down.  Especially now.  Besides that, I am going through some personal stuff which is sad and makes it hard to stay upbeat.   I'm glad it's raining.  I hope the tourists go away and stop littering and using their cell phones anywhere near me.  I think I could use a good cry.

Still sleeping outside.  The early morning cries of the eagles and the other twitterings are a constant reminder of the continuance and goodness of life. 

Eat more greens.  Get outside.  Smile more often, even if for no apparent reason.  Get out of your own head and do something kind for someone else, even if, and especially if they have no idea where it's coming from.  Put on some music and dance.  Send loving thoughts out into the universe.  Get enough rest. 

This whole story is much bigger than we know.  The only way to feel connected is to act with as much integrity and open heart as possible. 

Good luck with all that.  Report in if you'd like to help my spirit out.  See you on the other side (of the 4th).

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you've been feeling sad. Me too, maybe for the same reason if yours is letting go of a relationship. I had a cry yesterday that left me tired but maybe a little better. I went to see music but didn't dance.

    You are right about doing something good for others, the one good thing that happened last week was that I remembered to take my vitamins in advance so that I qualified to give blood (often I'm too low in iron).

    I actually like the 4th and bought some sparklers. I just have to see if I can convince my unenthusiastic sons to light them with me.

    (this is becky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, feel ambivalent about all the hoopla around 4th of July festivities, crowds, and celebrations. At these times I can feel resentment rising that we're all here in this beautiful place just to provide a beautiful place for people to visit. Yet I know how much many of us in our community rely on tourist income to survive, and I DO want to share the abundance and beauty of this place I'm blessed to call home.

    I hope your spirit can take in the energy of the sun, the night sky, and even the fog that rolled in briefly this morning. Yes to greens, smiling, music, dancing, and rest. You know what nourishes, heals, and sustains you. You are loved, dear friend.

    And here we are, on the other side (of the 4th)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the flag should be flown upside down and halfway down--AND we need to sign the declaration of independence AGAIN because our government is acting a lot like King George was acting back then!
    You know what's so funny on Lopez the tourists are annoying and then I'm always meeting people "off-island" who are like, "oh I know Lopez, I did some bike/whale watching tour" or whatever and I'm thinking, ha ha you were one of those tourons we make fun of!
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete