Monday, February 2, 2015

sometimes

Sometimes all I need is the air that I breathe
And to love you
All I need is the air that I breathe, oh....
-The Hollies

You have to sing the above,  but WARNING:  this song has become my constant earworm for the last WEEK!  Damn you Hollies!

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It's the day that I go to the bank and send my brother his inheritance money, quite a chunk but not enough for either of us to retire on...

Which makes sense, Dad believed in the work ethic...

I had a dream though, that I was going to the bank on my bike.  It wasn't Lopez.  I got lost and came upon a line of men, held up watching an arrest of some kind happening under a freeway bridge.  I asked for directions and they very politely took my bike and started to lead me in the right direction.  I had stuck my shoes in the sand, so I ran back to get them, noticing that they had left their shoes there as well.  Then, I couldn't catch up with them.  And I realized they didn't wait for me.  They were robbing me in the most courtly gentle way,  leaving even their shoes behind, white tennis shoes.

I blame it on the ice cream I ate last night, too late and too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment